- Successful candidate will be a strong technologist with pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with LoB security architects, engineers, and senior management.
- The Architect is expected to lead through influence, communicate effectively through clarity of thought and demonstrated understanding of business and technical requirements.
- Communicate leading industry practices by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and otherwise defined leading practices
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase security
- Provide firmwide and line of business executive level updates as required
- The IT Security Architect is a member of the security team and is responsible for assessing, (re)designing, and architecting / integrating security technology solutions for Hitorra America Clients/Customers. This role serves as a translator of policy and strategy into technology solutions and long-term integration to align security with the business needs.
Personality and leadership:
- The successful candidate will be in the ascendancy of their career, have an incredibly strong work ethic, and demonstrate a hunger to drive change and “roll up the sleeves to get the job done” attitude
- Possess a strong technology background with the ability to challenge or validate technology decisions from a position of knowledge and experience
- Possess the ability to rapidly assimilate business strategies and identify high impact opportunities by applying creative problem solving solutions
- Have a proven record of promoting innovation throughout the technology organization, encouraging individuals at all levels to think creatively and foster a dynamic culture throughout the firm
- Track record of managing across multiple global locations, with a solid understanding of the challenges and benefit
- Experience of managing in a matrix organization, achieving goals through partnership and collaboration
- Have a proven track record of executing on a strategic technology roadmap
- Aid in the creation of a clear current and future state enterprise security architecture, as well as, in the resulting strategic roadmap.
- Work closely with IT functional area engineers and architects to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all business systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Develop the business, information and technical artifacts that constitute the enterprise information security architecture and solutions.
- Serve as a security expert helping project teams comply with information security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Contributes to the alignment of security governance with EA governance and project and portfolio management (PPM).
- Research, design and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy in a cross-fertilizing manner (security strategy drives architecture, and architecture feeds back into security strategy).
- Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Partner in the design of a security architecture review board and process and monitor adherence to security policies, standards, and procedures where security architecture is involved.
- Maintain full life-cycle security architecture model.
- Support and contribute to change-management-process improvements.
- Develop and standardize authentication schemes (such as OAuth, SAML, WS-Sec. etc.) across the IT environment to ensure consistent and integrated access controls for systems and applications and across locations, providers and customers.
- Develop and write standard documents as they pertain to architecture or security technology solutions.
- Translate findings based upon risk assessments, audits, or other such observations into well-designed security architecture.
- Partner with various resources both inside information security as well as in other IT departments to establish a good understanding of capabilities, business needs, and areas for improvement.
- Provide regular reporting on the current status of the information security architecture efforts (both at a program and a project level). Produce a current state map for any ad-hoc or planned PCI-assessment by either internal or external partners.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or related discipline required.
- 10 - 15 year's relevant information security experience, including 5 years in a significant security architecture role(s) with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multiplatform environments required.
- Professional security certification; CCIE Security and CISSP is required.
- Hands-on experiences and technical depth with security in the following areas:
- Network Architecture: Routing, Switching, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN, Proxy / SSL offload and decryption, Load Balancers, Wireless, Network Access Control
- IaaS/PasS Architecture/Cloud: VMWare / KMS / XenServer / OpenStack, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- End User Architecture: VDI, Application virtualization, MAM/MDM, BYOD, end point protection, Unified Communications, VoIP, full disk encryption
- Core Services Architecture: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Kerberos, Configuration, vulnerability & patch management tools, log management, volume & application level encryption, PKI, Identity Management
- Proficiency with Automation, Disaster Recover and Business Continuity Planning
- Formal training in and usage of relevant enterprise architecture methodology (Zachman Framework, TOGAF, SABSA, etc.) preferred.
- Expert knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms required.
- Proven ability in security process and organizational design.
- In-depth knowledge of multiple, highly complex technical areas and business segments required.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills ' the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates.
- Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of individuals and roles, including IT and customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical audiences.
- Proven track record and experience in developing information security architectures and standards.
- Strong time management skills as well as strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills required. Able to work in a very fast paced environment and remain positive.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment.
- High degree of initiative, dependable and able to work well with limited supervision.
Benefits & Perks
- Learning and growth opportunities
- An opportunity to work on a highly-visible, technically advanced project with a world-class team of industry leaders.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Performance-related bonuses.